Foot care is a tradition in my family. My great-great-great grandfather opened a shoe store in the 1800’s at the corner of 5th and Main Street in Columbus, OH. That store stayed in business until the 1960’s. It served a special need in the community, helping people with hard-to-fit feet by fitting them in specialty shoes. It became apparent to the family that this was a growing problem and providing specialty footwear wasn’t sufficient. So, the family scraped together the money to send my grandfather and namesake, Charles, to podiatry school. My father, Larry, also became a podiatrist as well as my older sister and younger sister.
About Dr. Charles Greiner, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Charles Greiner attended Arizona State University in Tempe and majored in Psychology and Pre-med. He graduated from Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago with DPM and BS degrees. He completed a surgical residency at Columbus-Cabrini Medical Center, now St. Josephs Medical Center in Chicago.
Dr. Greiner became Board Certified in foot surgery in 2001 and re-certified in 2011 by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS). Dr. Greiner is a Fellow of the American Society of Podiatric Surgeons (FASPS). He is a founding member and fellow of the American Society of Podiatric Surgeons (ASPS). Also, he is past President, Treasurer, and a fellow of the American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management (AAPPM).
Dr. Greiner has received the following awards and memberships.
- President’s Award, AAPPM, 2006
- Most Influential Podiatrists Podiatric Management Magazine, 2007, 2012, 2017
- Big Ten Club of Podiatry Man of the Year, 2005
- Outstanding Member Award, AAPPM
- Visionary Award, AAPPM, 2006
- Various Contributions to podiatry periodicals
Dr. Greiner is a 3rd generation podiatrist and he is a nationally recognized speaker and author on practice management.
Dr. Greiner and his wife Kristi enjoy cooking, gardening, taking trips, and spending time with family.
- Effective Patient Scheduling. Practice Management Pearls, Podiatry Management Magazine
- How, Why, and When to choose a Practice Management Consultant, APMA News
- Internal Marketing Pearls-Parts one and two, Podiatry Management Magazine